10 REASONS TO UPGRADE TO AN NSsp 12000 FROM A SUPERMASSIVE E10000
1. Faster processing
• The Benefit: Having both more and faster processing cores enables the firewall to process data coming into and going out of the network more quickly and with lower latency, resulting in faster firewall and anti-malware inspection.
• The Difference: The NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 have a significantly greater number of cores (128/256 vs. 24/48/96) with processors that run at 1.5x the speed of those on the SuperMassive E10000 series.
2. More onboard memory
• The Benefit: Increased onboard memory allows for more connections, rules/policies, users and log messages to be stored on the firewall.
• The Difference: The NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 have up to 8x the onboard memory of the SuperMassive E10000 series (64GB/128 GB vs. 16 GB/32 GB/64 GB).
3. More high-speed ports
• The Benefit: Organisations that require increased throughput to support bandwidth-intensive applications and data transfer need faster multigigabit ports.
• The Difference: The NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 have four 40-GbE ports while the SuperMassive E10000 series models have none. In addition, the NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 include 16 10-GbE ports while the SuperMassive E10000 series have only six.
4. More concurrent connections
• The Benefit: Having a higher number of concurrent connections provides greater scalability by enabling more simultaneous user sessions to be active and tracked by the firewall.
• The Difference: The NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 enable a much larger number of concurrent connections per second plus deep packet inspection and deep packet inspection of TLS/SSL-encrypted connections compared to the SuperMassive E10000 series.
5. More single sign-on (SSO) users
• The Benefit: Single sign-on improves employee productivity and reduces IT support costs by enabling users to gain access to connected systems with a single ID and password.
• The Difference: The NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 allow a dramatically larger population of users (110,000 vs.
2,000/4,000/6,000) to benefit from the use of single sign-on.
6. Onboard storage
• The Benefit: Having an onboard module enables local storage of logs, reports, last signature updates, firmware backup and
restores and more.
• The Difference: The NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 include an expansion slot that is pre-populated with a storage module that has 12x the capacity of the SuperMassive E10000 series (2 x 480 GB vs. 80 GB).
7. More site-to-site VPN tunnels
• The Benefit: For organizations with remote and branch locations such as Retail POS businesses, the ability to create a larger number of site-to-site VPN tunnels to connect distributed networks together and securely share data is essential.
• The Difference: The NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 enable the creation of 2.5x more site-to-site VPN tunnels than the
SuperMassive E10000 series (25,000 vs. 10,000).
8. Content Filtering Service engine
• The Benefit: Version 4 of the Content Filtering Service engine supports more granular policy enforcement plus several enhancements for educational institutions including centralized policy configuration, global enable/disable, wildcard matching for URI, policy override and more.
• The Difference: The NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 support version 4 of the Content Filtering Service engine with the additional enhancements while the SuperMassive E10000 series supports only version 3.
9. IPv6 support
• The Benefit: IPv6 support enables threat inspection of IPv6 traffic for greater security.
• The Difference: The NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800 support both the IPv4 and IPv6 protocols while the SuperMassive E10000 series supports only IPv4.
10. Increased security against advanced threats through SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
• The Benefit: Advanced threats are on the rise affecting all organisations. SonicWall Capture, a multi-engine cloud-based service, provides high security effectiveness against advanced persistent threats and zero-day attacks.
• The Difference: SonicWall Capture ATP is available for the NSsp 12400 and NSsp 12800. This service is not available for the
SuperMassive E10000 series.
Contact our Just Firewalls team today for more information and to place your order.